Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Creativity


There are many cloud based platforms which encourages creativity, and since one of my hobbies is being a DJ the one that I would like to concentrate on is sound cloud. It is an amazing simple cloud based platform which allows musicians to collaborate, promote and distribute their music. I feel that it fosters my creativity since I feel that by using this platform, somebody can actually listen to my music without me having to distribute cd’s. I can directly record myself through the website or just upload a file and then people can like and share my music and even comment if they liked a certain favorite second in the track.
As I read in the New Yorker, many artists are using different softwares and platforms to record their mashups and remixes and subsequently distribute it online. That is their only way to survive in this world.  “You don’t need a distributor, because your distribution is the Internet. You don’t need a record label, because it’s your bedroom, and you don’t need a recording studio, because that’s your computer. You do it all yourself.”
Here is my latest track- mainly progressive end electro house, feel free to comment on parts you like:
 




Work cited


No comments:

Post a Comment