Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Next New Thing


The interactive weather man


I recently had an idea before I left my home to work. Since NYC is such a problematic location when you think about weather, personally I check the weather every day at morning before I leave the house. Many times the Weather App on my iPhone is advising that the weather should be nice, however when I go outside it turns out to be cold and windy. So my suggestion for a new media tool is an interactive app that will ask people in every zip code what’s the weather like. Then, when other people will see that someone is currently outside and is confirming that it feels like 60 degrees and nice, they will have a better idea of the weather. It’s enough that one person will cooperate and share his thoughts on the weather in that zip code and you already have a better feel of the weather.

10 comments:

  1. I think this is a great idea. It is kind of like a Wiki since all users will be contributing except it is for the greater good to know the weather. There needs to be more apps like this, that encompass group contributions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome thought! I could use this because so many websites and apps are not as accurate as I would hope they would be! Plus, all these percent possibilities of precipitation is annoying. It can rain when it's 40% as opposed to 70%, too. People contributing and offering live updates on the weather as they are experiencing it is great! It would be like a weather "review."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! maybe i should write a proposal to the weather channel :)

      Delete
  3. This kind of already exists believe it or not. Check out the "WeatherMob" app in the App Store for iPhone users! It's a little fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting thought, but we all have different ideas or concepts of the weather. What might appear a nice day to me, might seem chili or windy to you. So within the day there could be a 100 different comments, which one do you go by? I also check the weather on a daily basis, my recommendations: NY1 ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome idea! theres nothing more frustrating than a faulty weather man! (even though i guess they dont lead us in the wrong direction on purpose) i would definitely use this as im sure everyone else would

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea, people are already on this track. They are creating Real Time Weather Apps for you to literally look outside with your iPad and see what its like

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never trusted the weather man but an app that tracks it on real time....that I might trust! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crowd-sourced weather? Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete